Shibu Soren oath-taking rescheduled at astrologers` behest
Ranchi: Shibu Soren will take oath as Jharkhand`s chief minister Wednesday three and a half hours before the original schedule, because that`s what his astrologers want.
The Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) chief was earlier scheduled to take oath at 2 p.m. in the Morabadi ground here but the ceremony will now be held at 10.30 a.m., party officials said.
The JMM is set to form the government in Jharkhand with support from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU).
According to sources in the state governor`s office, Soren had Monday requested Governor K. Sankaranarayanan to reschedule the swearing-in ceremony. The governor agreed and asked him to prove his majority on the floor of the state assembly by Jan 8.
"Astrologers had suggested that he (Soren) take oath at 10.30 a.m. instead of 2 p.m. Given the past record of political instability, it was decided to reschedule the time of the swearing-in ceremony," a JMM leader told IANS.
Tuesday, preparation for the ceremony were on in full swing at the Morabadi ground. A huge stage has been erected and barricaded for Wednesday`s function.
Soren had Monday gone to Mumbai to meet and invite BJP president Nitin Gadkari to the ceremony. He also went to New Delhi to invite Janata Dal-United (JD-U) chief Sharad Yadav.
Soren had Saturday staked claim to form the government with a list of 45 legislators supporting him in the 81-member house. He is being supported by the BJP, AJSU, Janata Dal-United (JD-U) and two independent legislators. The BJP and JMM have 18 legislators each, AJSU has five and JD-U has two.
As per their understanding, BJP will have four ministers, JMM and AJSU three each and JD-U one. In Jharkhand, there can be a maximum 12 ministers including the chief minister.
A full cabinet is likely to take oath Wednesday along with Soren. The BJP, JMM and AJSU are discussing who their nominees will be.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM