Shibu Soren takes oath in LS
New Delhi: Jharkhand Mukti Morcha chief Shibu Soren, who was elected to Lok Sabha from Dumka in Jharkhand, on Tuesday took oath as the member of the House.
70-year-old Soren was a Union Minister and Chief Minister of Jharkhand.
He was first elected to Lok Sabha in 1980 and then again in 1989, 1991 and 1996. In 2002, he was elected to the Rajya Sabha, but resigned when he won the Dumka Lok Sabha seat in a by-election the same year.
He was re-elected in 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Music-sharing and larger emojis for WhatsApp for iOS soon?
- After Mumbai Indians, Krunal and Hardik Pandya to play for new team
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!