Shibu Soren takes oath in LS
New Delhi: Jharkhand Mukti Morcha chief Shibu Soren, who was elected to Lok Sabha from Dumka in Jharkhand, on Tuesday took oath as the member of the House.
70-year-old Soren was a Union Minister and Chief Minister of Jharkhand.
He was first elected to Lok Sabha in 1980 and then again in 1989, 1991 and 1996. In 2002, he was elected to the Rajya Sabha, but resigned when he won the Dumka Lok Sabha seat in a by-election the same year.
He was re-elected in 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested