Shibu Soren takes oath in LS
New Delhi: Jharkhand Mukti Morcha chief Shibu Soren, who was elected to Lok Sabha from Dumka in Jharkhand, on Tuesday took oath as the member of the House.
70-year-old Soren was a Union Minister and Chief Minister of Jharkhand.
He was first elected to Lok Sabha in 1980 and then again in 1989, 1991 and 1996. In 2002, he was elected to the Rajya Sabha, but resigned when he won the Dumka Lok Sabha seat in a by-election the same year.
He was re-elected in 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state