Sinha blames regional parties for instability in Jharkhand
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha today appealed to the people of Jharkhand not to vote for regional parties if they wished to have a stable government in the state, now under President`s rule.
"Give majority votes to a single party and it should be a national party and not Jharkhand regional parties, if they (people) like to see development and stability," he told a party meeting at Barkatha in Hazaribagh district.
"Twelve years since the creation of Jharkhand, not a single chief minister could rule a full term only because of blackmailing by regional parties, who have withdrawn support on vague and unreasonable demands," Sinha alleged.
Attacking regional parties for their "interest in developing particular areas" instead of the whole state, the former Union minister alleged that regional outfits were interested in bagging contracts for developmental projects to gain money.
"And if a particular CM did not support these unreasonable demands, they withdraw support, and it repeatedly happened. So the voters should take a firm resolve and vote for national parties, whose policies are linked with both states as well as the Centre," he said.
Citing examples how good the alliance governments in Maharashtra, Bihar and some other states were functioning unlike those in Jharkhand, Sinha said, "Regional parties in Jharkhand have always joined governments to serve their own interests."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi