Sinha blames regional parties for instability in Jharkhand
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha today appealed to the people of Jharkhand not to vote for regional parties if they wished to have a stable government in the state, now under President`s rule.
"Give majority votes to a single party and it should be a national party and not Jharkhand regional parties, if they (people) like to see development and stability," he told a party meeting at Barkatha in Hazaribagh district.
"Twelve years since the creation of Jharkhand, not a single chief minister could rule a full term only because of blackmailing by regional parties, who have withdrawn support on vague and unreasonable demands," Sinha alleged.
Attacking regional parties for their "interest in developing particular areas" instead of the whole state, the former Union minister alleged that regional outfits were interested in bagging contracts for developmental projects to gain money.
"And if a particular CM did not support these unreasonable demands, they withdraw support, and it repeatedly happened. So the voters should take a firm resolve and vote for national parties, whose policies are linked with both states as well as the Centre," he said.
Citing examples how good the alliance governments in Maharashtra, Bihar and some other states were functioning unlike those in Jharkhand, Sinha said, "Regional parties in Jharkhand have always joined governments to serve their own interests."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information