Sinha`s sit-in enters second day in Ranchi
Ranchi: Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha`s
indefinite sit-in demanding rehabilitation for families displaced in an ongoing anti-encroachment drive here, entered
the second day Monday.
Sinha, who is on the sit-in with his supporters at Birsa
Chowk, had asked the government yesterday to deal with
encroachment properly and to rehabilitate the displaced
families. He said the state could approach the High Court to
find a way.
The BJP leader had said he had no differences of opinion
with the Arjun Munda government.
The anti-encroachment drive was taken up a fortnight ago
on the orders of the Jharkhand High Court.
On April 5, the police opened fire at Islam Nagar during a clash with locals resulting in the death of two persons.
Union Tourism Minister and Congress leader Subodh Kant
Sahay had staged a sit-in at Islam Nagar that day and demanded
rehabilitation before demolition was carried out.
Chief Minister Arjun Munda had said on Friday that bringing an ordinance was among plans to find a solution to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das
- Saarc FMs meet focused on trade, tax avoidance pacts: Das
- Centre to replace J&K governor? Five names doing rounds as his successor
- Arun Jaitley pitches for BRICS arbitration platform