Sinha`s sit-in enters second day in Ranchi
Ranchi: Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha`s
indefinite sit-in demanding rehabilitation for families displaced in an ongoing anti-encroachment drive here, entered
the second day Monday.
Sinha, who is on the sit-in with his supporters at Birsa
Chowk, had asked the government yesterday to deal with
encroachment properly and to rehabilitate the displaced
families. He said the state could approach the High Court to
find a way.
The BJP leader had said he had no differences of opinion
with the Arjun Munda government.
The anti-encroachment drive was taken up a fortnight ago
on the orders of the Jharkhand High Court.
On April 5, the police opened fire at Islam Nagar during a clash with locals resulting in the death of two persons.
Union Tourism Minister and Congress leader Subodh Kant
Sahay had staged a sit-in at Islam Nagar that day and demanded
rehabilitation before demolition was carried out.
Chief Minister Arjun Munda had said on Friday that bringing an ordinance was among plans to find a solution to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?