Situation under control at Silgain
Ranchi: The situation at Silgain village of Ranchi district where one person was killed and 30 injured in a clash was on Wednesday "under control" even as prohibitory orders remained in force in the area.
"Section 144 CRPC was imposed in the area. The situation is now under control," Ranchi district Deputy Commissioner Vinay Kumar Choubey said here today.
Among the injured were 12 policemen, he said.
A total of 48 persons have been arrested in this connection, the police said.
Land dispute was stated to be the reason behind the clash between two groups of different communities, the police said.
Chief Minister Hemant Soren announced Rs 5 lakh to the family of the person who died in the violence, an official release said last night.
He visited the injured, admitted to the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences in Ranchi, and announced Rs 50,000 to the families of each of the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- High-speed Spanish Talgo train begins trial run, to be introduced on Delhi-Mumbai route
- Want to improve your sex life? Ditch tampons for menstrual cups!
- Batla House encounter: BJP protests outside Sonia Gandhi's residence
- 'FIR' actor Suresh Chatwal no more, co-star Kavita Kaushik expresses grief
- Virat Kohli fails to breach 1000-run barrier but breaks Suresh Raina's IPL batting record