Situation under control at Silgain
Ranchi: The situation at Silgain village of Ranchi district where one person was killed and 30 injured in a clash was on Wednesday "under control" even as prohibitory orders remained in force in the area.
"Section 144 CRPC was imposed in the area. The situation is now under control," Ranchi district Deputy Commissioner Vinay Kumar Choubey said here today.
Among the injured were 12 policemen, he said.
A total of 48 persons have been arrested in this connection, the police said.
Land dispute was stated to be the reason behind the clash between two groups of different communities, the police said.
Chief Minister Hemant Soren announced Rs 5 lakh to the family of the person who died in the violence, an official release said last night.
He visited the injured, admitted to the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences in Ranchi, and announced Rs 50,000 to the families of each of the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie