Six candidates for two RS seats from Jharkhand
Ranchi: A total of five nominees on Monday filed their papers for the March 30 Rajya Sabha polls, taking the total number of aspirants for the two available seats from Jharkhand to six.
Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) president Pradeep Kumar Balmachu filed papers as party candidate while Sanjiv Kumar filed from Jharkhand Mukti Morcha, according to sources in the assembly secretariat.
Ansuman Mishra, R K Agarwal and Pawan Kumar Dhoot filed their papers as independents, sources said.
Jhakrhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) candidate Praveen Singh had filed nomination papers last week.
Today was the last date for filing nominations while scrutiny will be taken up tomorrow. The election is necessitated as two seats from Jharkhand will fall vacant on April 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says