Six candidates for two RS seats from Jharkhand
Ranchi: A total of five nominees on Monday filed their papers for the March 30 Rajya Sabha polls, taking the total number of aspirants for the two available seats from Jharkhand to six.
Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) president Pradeep Kumar Balmachu filed papers as party candidate while Sanjiv Kumar filed from Jharkhand Mukti Morcha, according to sources in the assembly secretariat.
Ansuman Mishra, R K Agarwal and Pawan Kumar Dhoot filed their papers as independents, sources said.
Jhakrhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) candidate Praveen Singh had filed nomination papers last week.
Today was the last date for filing nominations while scrutiny will be taken up tomorrow. The election is necessitated as two seats from Jharkhand will fall vacant on April 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth