Six fodder scam convicts get bail in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Friday granted bail to six fodder scam convicts, who prayed to go for appeal against the lower court`s verdict.
Hearing a petition by the convicts, the bench of Justice RR Prasad granted them the bail on the ground that all the convicts had been in prison for more than the half of the prison term pronounced against them on June 3 after convicting them on May 31.
Former RJD MP RK Rana, however, did not get bail as the court sought a file from the lower court.
Those who got bail are:- former Regional Director (Animal Husbandry Department) Om Prakash Diwakar, fodder supplier Rajesh Kumar Sinha, former budget officer B B Prasad, former treasury assistant Bhanukar Dubey, treasury accountant Balkrishna Dubey and fodder supplier Naresh Prasad Sinha.
All the six were among the ten fodder scam convicts whom the special CBI court had sentenced to varying prison terms for fraudulently withdrawing Rs 37 lakh from Godda Treasury in the 1990s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Tamil Nadu Congress chief Elangovan quits
- Irish unity vote for later, not now: Foreign minister
- Want to send your own experiments into space? This tiny satellite will help you!- Watch
- Euro 2016: Poland beat Switzerland in a nail-biting penalty shoot out
- Boxing as good as dead in India, rues Mary Kom