Six fodder scam convicts get bail in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Friday granted bail to six fodder scam convicts, who prayed to go for appeal against the lower court`s verdict.
Hearing a petition by the convicts, the bench of Justice RR Prasad granted them the bail on the ground that all the convicts had been in prison for more than the half of the prison term pronounced against them on June 3 after convicting them on May 31.
Former RJD MP RK Rana, however, did not get bail as the court sought a file from the lower court.
Those who got bail are:- former Regional Director (Animal Husbandry Department) Om Prakash Diwakar, fodder supplier Rajesh Kumar Sinha, former budget officer B B Prasad, former treasury assistant Bhanukar Dubey, treasury accountant Balkrishna Dubey and fodder supplier Naresh Prasad Sinha.
All the six were among the ten fodder scam convicts whom the special CBI court had sentenced to varying prison terms for fraudulently withdrawing Rs 37 lakh from Godda Treasury in the 1990s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India