Six fodder scam convicts get bail in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Friday granted bail to six fodder scam convicts, who prayed to go for appeal against the lower court`s verdict.
Hearing a petition by the convicts, the bench of Justice RR Prasad granted them the bail on the ground that all the convicts had been in prison for more than the half of the prison term pronounced against them on June 3 after convicting them on May 31.
Former RJD MP RK Rana, however, did not get bail as the court sought a file from the lower court.
Those who got bail are:- former Regional Director (Animal Husbandry Department) Om Prakash Diwakar, fodder supplier Rajesh Kumar Sinha, former budget officer B B Prasad, former treasury assistant Bhanukar Dubey, treasury accountant Balkrishna Dubey and fodder supplier Naresh Prasad Sinha.
All the six were among the ten fodder scam convicts whom the special CBI court had sentenced to varying prison terms for fraudulently withdrawing Rs 37 lakh from Godda Treasury in the 1990s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?