Six girls drown in pond Jharkhand
Godda: Six minor girls drowned while trying to collect snails in a pond at Mehrama area in Gonda district of Jharkhand, police said on Sunday.
The tribal girls, all aged about 10 years, formed a human chain and went deep into the pond but slipped one after another yesterday and drowned.
All the victims were residents of Masuria village -- which is very close to the pond -- under Ishipur police station of bordering Bhagalpur district of Bihar, the sources said.
Snails are used as food by the local people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal