Six girls drown in pond Jharkhand
Godda: Six minor girls drowned while trying to collect snails in a pond at Mehrama area in Gonda district of Jharkhand, police said on Sunday.
The tribal girls, all aged about 10 years, formed a human chain and went deep into the pond but slipped one after another yesterday and drowned.
All the victims were residents of Masuria village -- which is very close to the pond -- under Ishipur police station of bordering Bhagalpur district of Bihar, the sources said.
Snails are used as food by the local people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday