Six girls drown in pond Jharkhand
Godda: Six minor girls drowned while trying to collect snails in a pond at Mehrama area in Gonda district of Jharkhand, police said on Sunday.
The tribal girls, all aged about 10 years, formed a human chain and went deep into the pond but slipped one after another yesterday and drowned.
All the victims were residents of Masuria village -- which is very close to the pond -- under Ishipur police station of bordering Bhagalpur district of Bihar, the sources said.
Snails are used as food by the local people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information