Six girls drown in pond Jharkhand
Godda: Six minor girls drowned while trying to collect snails in a pond at Mehrama area in Gonda district of Jharkhand, police said on Sunday.
The tribal girls, all aged about 10 years, formed a human chain and went deep into the pond but slipped one after another yesterday and drowned.
All the victims were residents of Masuria village -- which is very close to the pond -- under Ishipur police station of bordering Bhagalpur district of Bihar, the sources said.
Snails are used as food by the local people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!