Six girls drown in pond Jharkhand
Godda: Six minor girls drowned while trying to collect snails in a pond at Mehrama area in Gonda district of Jharkhand, police said on Sunday.
The tribal girls, all aged about 10 years, formed a human chain and went deep into the pond but slipped one after another yesterday and drowned.
All the victims were residents of Masuria village -- which is very close to the pond -- under Ishipur police station of bordering Bhagalpur district of Bihar, the sources said.
Snails are used as food by the local people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Shruti Haasan's latest Femina shoot will defy all norms of 'sitting awkwardly' – Pic inside
- Brexit fallout: Sensex crashes 605 points, Nifty takes 181 points hit
- Markandey Katju's hilarious take on PM Modi's foreign trips after NSG setback, here is what he said
- Is ginger the new pill for morning sickness?
- Uber rolls out upfront fares in India, US