Six Maoists arrested with arms in Jharkhand
Chaibasa: Six Maoists, including three `section commanders`, were arrested from Lupunga village in West Singhbhum district, a senior police officer said on Saturday.
Acting on an information that over half a dozen ultras had taken shelter in the village on their way back home after medical treatment last evening, a team of police and para-military forces reached the spot and caught them last night, DIG (Kolhan) Md Nehal told reporters here.
Following interrogation, Nehal said, it was revealed that out of the six arrested, three were `section commanders` of the ultra outfit.
One country-made pistol, four live cartridges, ten detonators, five mobiles phones and sim cards, medicines, several sets of uniform, monkey caps, mobile chargers, among others were seized from them.
The DIG said the arrested ultras were wanted by police in connection with over a dozen offences including murder and attack on cops leading to encounter that claimed lives of two policemen a few years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video