Six Maoists arrested with arms in Jharkhand
Chaibasa: Six Maoists, including three `section commanders`, were arrested from Lupunga village in West Singhbhum district, a senior police officer said on Saturday.
Acting on an information that over half a dozen ultras had taken shelter in the village on their way back home after medical treatment last evening, a team of police and para-military forces reached the spot and caught them last night, DIG (Kolhan) Md Nehal told reporters here.
Following interrogation, Nehal said, it was revealed that out of the six arrested, three were `section commanders` of the ultra outfit.
One country-made pistol, four live cartridges, ten detonators, five mobiles phones and sim cards, medicines, several sets of uniform, monkey caps, mobile chargers, among others were seized from them.
The DIG said the arrested ultras were wanted by police in connection with over a dozen offences including murder and attack on cops leading to encounter that claimed lives of two policemen a few years ago.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed