Six Maoists arrested with arms in Jharkhand
Chaibasa: Six Maoists, including three `section commanders`, were arrested from Lupunga village in West Singhbhum district, a senior police officer said on Saturday.
Acting on an information that over half a dozen ultras had taken shelter in the village on their way back home after medical treatment last evening, a team of police and para-military forces reached the spot and caught them last night, DIG (Kolhan) Md Nehal told reporters here.
Following interrogation, Nehal said, it was revealed that out of the six arrested, three were `section commanders` of the ultra outfit.
One country-made pistol, four live cartridges, ten detonators, five mobiles phones and sim cards, medicines, several sets of uniform, monkey caps, mobile chargers, among others were seized from them.
The DIG said the arrested ultras were wanted by police in connection with over a dozen offences including murder and attack on cops leading to encounter that claimed lives of two policemen a few years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?