Six Maoists arrested with arms in Jharkhand
Chaibasa: Six Maoists, including three `section commanders`, were arrested from Lupunga village in West Singhbhum district, a senior police officer said on Saturday.
Acting on an information that over half a dozen ultras had taken shelter in the village on their way back home after medical treatment last evening, a team of police and para-military forces reached the spot and caught them last night, DIG (Kolhan) Md Nehal told reporters here.
Following interrogation, Nehal said, it was revealed that out of the six arrested, three were `section commanders` of the ultra outfit.
One country-made pistol, four live cartridges, ten detonators, five mobiles phones and sim cards, medicines, several sets of uniform, monkey caps, mobile chargers, among others were seized from them.
The DIG said the arrested ultras were wanted by police in connection with over a dozen offences including murder and attack on cops leading to encounter that claimed lives of two policemen a few years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Uber and Pandora partner to offer music to drivers
- AirAsia India launches promotional fares starting at Rs 786 for one-way domestic trips
- Edward Snowden loses lawsuit against Norway to prevent extradition
- This summer, fight Melanoma with some simple tricks!
- Wimbledon: British No. 3 Kyle Edmund faces 1st round exit.