Six new trains sought for Jharkhand
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda has sought six new trains for the state in the new rail budget and asked for increase in the frequencies of bi-weekly trains to five days a week.
"Ranchi has no direct link to many parts of the country," Munda said in a letter to Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi, according to a state government statement issued Tuesday.
"Industrial cities like Bokaro, Jamshedpur and Dhanbad do not have proper rail link with other parts of the country," he added.
Munda has sought six new trains -- Ranchi-Ahmedabad via Surat, Ranchi-Dumka, Ranchi-Dehradun via Lucknow and Haridwar, Ranchi-Delhi-Jaipur Duronto Express, Ranchi-Indore via Bhopal, and Tatanagar-Varanasi-Haridwar-Dehradun.
He requested that the Rajdhani Express, Hatia-LTT Superfast Express and Hatia-Yashwantpur Express should run daily instead of three days a week, and the Ranchi-New Delhi Garib Rath Express, Ranchi-Alipurdwar-Guwahati Express, Ranchi-LTT (via Jabalpur) Express and Darbhanga-Hyderabad Express should run five days instead of two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH