Six new trains sought for Jharkhand
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda has sought six new trains for the state in the new rail budget and asked for increase in the frequencies of bi-weekly trains to five days a week.
"Ranchi has no direct link to many parts of the country," Munda said in a letter to Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi, according to a state government statement issued Tuesday.
"Industrial cities like Bokaro, Jamshedpur and Dhanbad do not have proper rail link with other parts of the country," he added.
Munda has sought six new trains -- Ranchi-Ahmedabad via Surat, Ranchi-Dumka, Ranchi-Dehradun via Lucknow and Haridwar, Ranchi-Delhi-Jaipur Duronto Express, Ranchi-Indore via Bhopal, and Tatanagar-Varanasi-Haridwar-Dehradun.
He requested that the Rajdhani Express, Hatia-LTT Superfast Express and Hatia-Yashwantpur Express should run daily instead of three days a week, and the Ranchi-New Delhi Garib Rath Express, Ranchi-Alipurdwar-Guwahati Express, Ranchi-LTT (via Jabalpur) Express and Darbhanga-Hyderabad Express should run five days instead of two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof