Six security personnel injured in encounter with Maoists
Ranchi/Chaibasa: Six security personnel were
injured in an encounter with the Maoists in West Singhbhum
district, police said today.
The security personnel were injured near Bandgaon in an
encounter with the ultras which lasted nearly 24 hours, West
Singhbhum Superintendent of Police Akhilesh Jha told
Three injured security personnel were airlifted yesterday
and three today, Jha said and claimed about a dozen Maoists
might have been wounded in the encounter, but managed to
Self-styled Maoist area commander `KP` and his senior
comrades Anmol and Animesh were among the Maoists, who fired
around 5000 rounds in the encounter, the SP added.
However, DIG CRPF Alok Raj said five security personnel
were injured during the encounter yesterday with three being
airlifted to Ranchi yesterday and two airlifted today.
The security forces also destroyed a Maoist camp at
Bandgaon and seized 20 clamour bombs from the camp, the DIG
In a separate operation in Ranchi district`s Taimara
area, the police nabbed Laxmi Munda, one of the abductors of
the slain Special Branch Inspector Francis Induwar.
Laxmi Munda confessed during interrogation that "he was
one of the three abductors to have kidnapped Induwar in
October last year and Induwar was beheaded at the direction of
Maoist leader Kundan Pahan," the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog