Six security personnel injured in encounter with Maoists
Ranchi/Chaibasa: Six security personnel were
injured in an encounter with the Maoists in West Singhbhum
district, police said today.
The security personnel were injured near Bandgaon in an
encounter with the ultras which lasted nearly 24 hours, West
Singhbhum Superintendent of Police Akhilesh Jha told
Three injured security personnel were airlifted yesterday
and three today, Jha said and claimed about a dozen Maoists
might have been wounded in the encounter, but managed to
Self-styled Maoist area commander `KP` and his senior
comrades Anmol and Animesh were among the Maoists, who fired
around 5000 rounds in the encounter, the SP added.
However, DIG CRPF Alok Raj said five security personnel
were injured during the encounter yesterday with three being
airlifted to Ranchi yesterday and two airlifted today.
The security forces also destroyed a Maoist camp at
Bandgaon and seized 20 clamour bombs from the camp, the DIG
In a separate operation in Ranchi district`s Taimara
area, the police nabbed Laxmi Munda, one of the abductors of
the slain Special Branch Inspector Francis Induwar.
Laxmi Munda confessed during interrogation that "he was
one of the three abductors to have kidnapped Induwar in
October last year and Induwar was beheaded at the direction of
Maoist leader Kundan Pahan," the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured