Six security personnel injured in encounter with Maoists
Ranchi/Chaibasa: Six security personnel were
injured in an encounter with the Maoists in West Singhbhum
district, police said today.
The security personnel were injured near Bandgaon in an
encounter with the ultras which lasted nearly 24 hours, West
Singhbhum Superintendent of Police Akhilesh Jha told
Three injured security personnel were airlifted yesterday
and three today, Jha said and claimed about a dozen Maoists
might have been wounded in the encounter, but managed to
Self-styled Maoist area commander `KP` and his senior
comrades Anmol and Animesh were among the Maoists, who fired
around 5000 rounds in the encounter, the SP added.
However, DIG CRPF Alok Raj said five security personnel
were injured during the encounter yesterday with three being
airlifted to Ranchi yesterday and two airlifted today.
The security forces also destroyed a Maoist camp at
Bandgaon and seized 20 clamour bombs from the camp, the DIG
In a separate operation in Ranchi district`s Taimara
area, the police nabbed Laxmi Munda, one of the abductors of
the slain Special Branch Inspector Francis Induwar.
Laxmi Munda confessed during interrogation that "he was
one of the three abductors to have kidnapped Induwar in
October last year and Induwar was beheaded at the direction of
Maoist leader Kundan Pahan," the police said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- It's OUT! Anushka Sharma's 'dhobi pachaad' first look from 'Sultan'!
- Sanders outlines his list of Democratic Party reforms
- Revealed! How low testosterone raises diabetes risk
- Ranveer Singh, Varun Dhawan, Arjun Kapoor, Sidharth Malhotra, Shahid Kapoor, Karan Singh Grover – Kisme Kitni ‘ab’ hai
- Coal scam: Court orders framing of charges against Naveen Jindal