Six security personnel injured in encounter with Maoists
Ranchi/Chaibasa: Six security personnel were
injured in an encounter with the Maoists in West Singhbhum
district, police said today.
The security personnel were injured near Bandgaon in an
encounter with the ultras which lasted nearly 24 hours, West
Singhbhum Superintendent of Police Akhilesh Jha told
Three injured security personnel were airlifted yesterday
and three today, Jha said and claimed about a dozen Maoists
might have been wounded in the encounter, but managed to
Self-styled Maoist area commander `KP` and his senior
comrades Anmol and Animesh were among the Maoists, who fired
around 5000 rounds in the encounter, the SP added.
However, DIG CRPF Alok Raj said five security personnel
were injured during the encounter yesterday with three being
airlifted to Ranchi yesterday and two airlifted today.
The security forces also destroyed a Maoist camp at
Bandgaon and seized 20 clamour bombs from the camp, the DIG
In a separate operation in Ranchi district`s Taimara
area, the police nabbed Laxmi Munda, one of the abductors of
the slain Special Branch Inspector Francis Induwar.
Laxmi Munda confessed during interrogation that "he was
one of the three abductors to have kidnapped Induwar in
October last year and Induwar was beheaded at the direction of
Maoist leader Kundan Pahan," the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?