Six suspended for allowing bullock into Jharkhand Assembly porch
Ranchi: Opposition JVM(P) members riding a bullock cart to the Jharkhand Assembly porch to demonstrate that the government was `moving slowly` led to the suspension of six watch and ward staff for allowing the spectacle on Friday.
"See the dung. It is the proof that we brought the bullock cart till the porch," JVM`s Legislature Party leader Pradip Yadav told reporters after the party members drove up in the bullock cart on the last day of the winter session.
Asked why the spectacle was enacted, Yadav said, "It is a symbolic indication of the government functioning as slowly as a bullock cart."
Two marshals and four assembly security personnel were suspended for allowing in the bullock cart, Speaker Shashank Sekhar Bhokta said.
The security breach in allowing the cart inside the Assembly premises was also being looked into.
Disapproving the action against the Assembly security, CPI (ML-Liberation) member Vinod Kumar Singh said, "Suspending security personnel is wrong as there is no policy on transport for MLAs.
"Some MLAs even came by rickshaw today. They chose a bullock cart as symbolic protest against the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre