SJM launches "boycott Chinese product" campaign
Jamshedpur: Expressing concern over the whopping trade deficit as well as the internal and external security threat by China, Swadeshi Jagran Manch (SJM) has launched a "boycott Chinese product" campaign in the steel city here.
Manoj Singh, a member of the National Council of SJM, said on Tuesday that as first phase of the campaign that began on September 10 the Manch had distributed leaflets to mobilise support against the Chinese products in India.
Accusing the UPA government for failing miserably to check invasion of Chinese products in Indian markets, Singh said China was eyeing to grab Indian market completely and succeeded to a great extent by making inroads in all sphere of products from big to small.
Justifying the campaign, Singh claimed that our trade deficit with China was 1.08 billion dollar in 2001, which further enhanced to 16.3 billion dollars in 2007-08.
Apart from the bilateral trade front, Singh said China has been a major threat to our security internally and externally.
Singh said SJM would launch "Nukkad Natak" (street corner play) to aware masses to boycott Chinese products, organize seminars and meetings in the second phase.
In the last phase of the campaign, he said SJM would burn heaps of Chinese products.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'