Sonia, an epitome of sacrifice: Jharkhand Minister
Ranchi: Parliamentary Affairs Minister in Jharkhand, Rajendra Prasad Singh, on Saturday said BJP should accept Congress President Sonia Gandhi as the country`s daughter-in-law, whom he called an "epitome of sacrifice".
"Sonia Gandhi Bharat ki bahu hei (country`s daughter-in-law). You have to accept (it)," Singh said in the state Assembly.
Speaking against the cut motion moved by the opposition against the government`s first supplementary budget, the Congress leader said Gandhi is an "epitome of sacrifice" as she had renounced the chair twice.
"Woh ek tyag murti hein (she is an epitome of sacrifice)," asserted Singh while taking exception to BJP MLA and former Speaker C P Singh`s satirical remarks against Gandhi through verses in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH