Sonia, an epitome of sacrifice: Jharkhand Minister
Ranchi: Parliamentary Affairs Minister in Jharkhand, Rajendra Prasad Singh, on Saturday said BJP should accept Congress President Sonia Gandhi as the country`s daughter-in-law, whom he called an "epitome of sacrifice".
"Sonia Gandhi Bharat ki bahu hei (country`s daughter-in-law). You have to accept (it)," Singh said in the state Assembly.
Speaking against the cut motion moved by the opposition against the government`s first supplementary budget, the Congress leader said Gandhi is an "epitome of sacrifice" as she had renounced the chair twice.
"Woh ek tyag murti hein (she is an epitome of sacrifice)," asserted Singh while taking exception to BJP MLA and former Speaker C P Singh`s satirical remarks against Gandhi through verses in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Indian aid worker Judith D'Souza rescued from captors in Afghanistan returns home
- 80 killed, over 200 injured in twin suicide bomb attacks on Kabul protesters; Islamic State claims responsibility
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators