Sonia, an epitome of sacrifice: Jharkhand Minister
Ranchi: Parliamentary Affairs Minister in Jharkhand, Rajendra Prasad Singh, on Saturday said BJP should accept Congress President Sonia Gandhi as the country`s daughter-in-law, whom he called an "epitome of sacrifice".
"Sonia Gandhi Bharat ki bahu hei (country`s daughter-in-law). You have to accept (it)," Singh said in the state Assembly.
Speaking against the cut motion moved by the opposition against the government`s first supplementary budget, the Congress leader said Gandhi is an "epitome of sacrifice" as she had renounced the chair twice.
"Woh ek tyag murti hein (she is an epitome of sacrifice)," asserted Singh while taking exception to BJP MLA and former Speaker C P Singh`s satirical remarks against Gandhi through verses in the House.
- The dew drop of Saturn – See pic!
- LeEco to launch Made in India phone in its event today?
- Ahead of PM Modi's US visit, USCIRF report says 'intolerance has risen in India'
- Gold price eyes $1,300 again as weaker dollar, fund inflows support
- Kerala law student raped, murdered at home: Read chilling details of post-mortem report here