Sonia, an epitome of sacrifice: Jharkhand Minister
Ranchi: Parliamentary Affairs Minister in Jharkhand, Rajendra Prasad Singh, on Saturday said BJP should accept Congress President Sonia Gandhi as the country`s daughter-in-law, whom he called an "epitome of sacrifice".
"Sonia Gandhi Bharat ki bahu hei (country`s daughter-in-law). You have to accept (it)," Singh said in the state Assembly.
Speaking against the cut motion moved by the opposition against the government`s first supplementary budget, the Congress leader said Gandhi is an "epitome of sacrifice" as she had renounced the chair twice.
"Woh ek tyag murti hein (she is an epitome of sacrifice)," asserted Singh while taking exception to BJP MLA and former Speaker C P Singh`s satirical remarks against Gandhi through verses in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir