Sonia, an epitome of sacrifice: Jharkhand Minister
Ranchi: Parliamentary Affairs Minister in Jharkhand, Rajendra Prasad Singh, on Saturday said BJP should accept Congress President Sonia Gandhi as the country`s daughter-in-law, whom he called an "epitome of sacrifice".
"Sonia Gandhi Bharat ki bahu hei (country`s daughter-in-law). You have to accept (it)," Singh said in the state Assembly.
Speaking against the cut motion moved by the opposition against the government`s first supplementary budget, the Congress leader said Gandhi is an "epitome of sacrifice" as she had renounced the chair twice.
"Woh ek tyag murti hein (she is an epitome of sacrifice)," asserted Singh while taking exception to BJP MLA and former Speaker C P Singh`s satirical remarks against Gandhi through verses in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index