Soren fails to appear before court in the double murder case
Giridih (Jharkhand): Jharkhand Chief
Minister Shibu Soren on Saturday failed to appear before a local
court, which is hearing afresh the 1974 Kodko double murder
case in which Soren is the lone accused.
The court fixed June three as the next date for hearing.
The case was transfered to the court following a request
by the First Additional District Sessions Judge N N Singh, on
April 16, who had concluded hearing and reserved the judgement
in the case on April 3.
An FIR was filed on April 15, 1974 by one Bahadur Singh
accusing Soren of heading a group that allegedly killed
Khirodar Singh and Chundi Singh following slaughter of a goat
at Kudko village under Pirtand police station. The
charge-sheet was filed in 1978.
Soren is the sole accused now, since eight others were
acquitted in 1986.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal