Soren fails to appear before court in the double murder case
Giridih (Jharkhand): Jharkhand Chief
Minister Shibu Soren on Saturday failed to appear before a local
court, which is hearing afresh the 1974 Kodko double murder
case in which Soren is the lone accused.
The court fixed June three as the next date for hearing.
The case was transfered to the court following a request
by the First Additional District Sessions Judge N N Singh, on
April 16, who had concluded hearing and reserved the judgement
in the case on April 3.
An FIR was filed on April 15, 1974 by one Bahadur Singh
accusing Soren of heading a group that allegedly killed
Khirodar Singh and Chundi Singh following slaughter of a goat
at Kudko village under Pirtand police station. The
charge-sheet was filed in 1978.
Soren is the sole accused now, since eight others were
acquitted in 1986.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees