Soren meets AJSU chief Sudesh Mahato ahead of floor test
Ranchi: Ahead of the May 31 trust vote,
Jharkhand Chief Minister Shibu Soren on Thursday met Deputy Chief
Minister and AJSU president Sudesh Mahato apparently to
discuss how to prove majority in the state Assembly.
"The party-wise position in the 82-member House is such
that nobody has the numbers... The dispute between the JMM and
BJP has created such a situation... under these circumstances
discussions are on," Mahato told reporters after the meeting.
Mahato, whose party has five MLAs, declined to divulge
which way AJSU will vote during Soren`s floor test as advised
by Governor M O H Farooq after the JMM-led coalition was
reduced to a minority when BJP withdrew support on May 24.
"Our party`s Parliamentary board will meet tomorrow to
take a final decision... as of now Guruji (Soren) is my leader
and I am in his Cabinet," Mahato said.
JMM leader and state minister Hazi Hussain Ansari
claimed the party was confident to sail through. "We will get
the required figure of 42. Wait and see," he said when asked
how they would get the numbers.
JMM`s Central Committee secretary Suprio Bhattacharya
expressed confidence about Soren`s victory but refused to
comment whether the JMM chief was banking on Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar