Soren presides cabinet meet amid pol-uncertainty
Ranchi: Amidst political uncertainty,
Jharkhand Chief Minister Shibu Soren today presided a cabinet
meeting in full attendance and approved an increase in
dearness allowance for pensioners.
Besides Soren, ministers from the JMM, BJP and AJSU
attended the meeting which was held for over an hour at the
"There is no stalemate, and you have seen how smoothly
the cabinet meeting was held. The atmosphere was very
cordial," BJP leader and Transport Minister Nilkanth Singh
Munda told newsmen after the meeting.
Soren`s son Hemant had yesterday said his father would
continue as chief minister "for now" even though he had on
April 29 stated that Soren was ready to quit if the BJP
initiated formation of an alternative government under its
leadership with the support of the JMM.
"The cabinet has approved the increase of DA from 27
per cent to 35 per cent to pensioners and family pensioners,"
Cabinet Secretary Aditya Swaroop told reporters here.
"Similarly, it also increased DA from 73 per cent to
87 per cent to those state government employees who did not
opt for the revised payscale," he said and added the
beneficiaries in both the categories would get the enhanced DA
from January 1, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video