Soren presides cabinet meet amid pol-uncertainty
Ranchi: Amidst political uncertainty,
Jharkhand Chief Minister Shibu Soren today presided a cabinet
meeting in full attendance and approved an increase in
dearness allowance for pensioners.
Besides Soren, ministers from the JMM, BJP and AJSU
attended the meeting which was held for over an hour at the
"There is no stalemate, and you have seen how smoothly
the cabinet meeting was held. The atmosphere was very
cordial," BJP leader and Transport Minister Nilkanth Singh
Munda told newsmen after the meeting.
Soren`s son Hemant had yesterday said his father would
continue as chief minister "for now" even though he had on
April 29 stated that Soren was ready to quit if the BJP
initiated formation of an alternative government under its
leadership with the support of the JMM.
"The cabinet has approved the increase of DA from 27
per cent to 35 per cent to pensioners and family pensioners,"
Cabinet Secretary Aditya Swaroop told reporters here.
"Similarly, it also increased DA from 73 per cent to
87 per cent to those state government employees who did not
opt for the revised payscale," he said and added the
beneficiaries in both the categories would get the enhanced DA
from January 1, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged