Soren promises rescue operation for youth trapped in mine
Ranchi/Dhanbad: Jharkhand Chief Minister
Shibu Soren on friday assured that he would ask the authorities to
relaunch a rescue operation for a youth who fell in an
abandoned underground mine in Dhanbad on March 2.
"I will definitely direct (the authorities) to launch
rescue operation," Soren said in the state assembly here after
Jharkhand Vikash Morcha (Prajatantric) MLA Samresh Singh
referred to the incident and pointed out that the fate of the
person was unknown even after 10 days.
"Please take military help for rescue operations,"
Twenty year-old Pankaj Goswami, a resident of Dhanbad`s
Kenduahatia, fell 300 feet down through a hole meant for
providing air to the underground mine of Bharat Coking Coal
"We had made rescue efforts, but the teams could not
reach him," the General Manager, Putki-Balihari Mines of the
BCCL, Surender Singh, told newsmen in Dhanbad soon after the
Police said the BCCL made efforts thrice to reach to the
person from March 3, using a camera and saw the person lying
face down in the abandoned mine. But the team failed to reach
near the person and the authorities closed the mouth of hole.
On March 7, agitated residents obstructed work at the
site, demanding re-launch of the rescue operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal