Soren promises rescue operation for youth trapped in mine
Ranchi/Dhanbad: Jharkhand Chief Minister
Shibu Soren on friday assured that he would ask the authorities to
relaunch a rescue operation for a youth who fell in an
abandoned underground mine in Dhanbad on March 2.
"I will definitely direct (the authorities) to launch
rescue operation," Soren said in the state assembly here after
Jharkhand Vikash Morcha (Prajatantric) MLA Samresh Singh
referred to the incident and pointed out that the fate of the
person was unknown even after 10 days.
"Please take military help for rescue operations,"
Twenty year-old Pankaj Goswami, a resident of Dhanbad`s
Kenduahatia, fell 300 feet down through a hole meant for
providing air to the underground mine of Bharat Coking Coal
"We had made rescue efforts, but the teams could not
reach him," the General Manager, Putki-Balihari Mines of the
BCCL, Surender Singh, told newsmen in Dhanbad soon after the
Police said the BCCL made efforts thrice to reach to the
person from March 3, using a camera and saw the person lying
face down in the abandoned mine. But the team failed to reach
near the person and the authorities closed the mouth of hole.
On March 7, agitated residents obstructed work at the
site, demanding re-launch of the rescue operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly