Soren warns police over law and order situation in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren on Monday said his government would not tolerate the state`s deteriorating law and order situation and warned the police that heads would roll if the situation was not brought under control at the earliest.
Stringent action would be taken against senior police officials if the law and order situation in the state and in the capital city was not brought under control within seven to 10 days, Soren said at a high-level meeting here, according to an official release.
Chief Secretary RS Sharma, DGP Rajeev Kumar, Home Secretary N N Pandey, Ranchi Deputy Commissioner Vinay Kumar Choubey and other senior officials attended the meeting.
Taking serious note of the deteriorating law and order situation in Jharkhand, with the latest crime being reported in Ranchi last night when Rs 18.5 lakh was looted from a businessman, Soren asked the police to be alert.
The Chief Minister asked the police to strengthen its intelligence network.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living