SP injured in clash with villagers in Ranchi
Ranchi: About 12 persons, including a police superintendent, were injured in a clash between villagers and policemen at Nagari, 20 km from here, on Wednesday.
The trouble started when villagers were protesting against land acquisition for construction of an educational institution in the area, police said adding that they pulled down the boundary wall at the site.
When police arrived, villagers pelted stones at them injuring a few policemen including Superintendent of Police (Ranchi Rural) A V Minz. He suffered head injury which required one stitch.
To control the situation, police used lathis injuring some villagers.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today