SP injured in clash with villagers in Ranchi
Ranchi: About 12 persons, including a police superintendent, were injured in a clash between villagers and policemen at Nagari, 20 km from here, on Wednesday.
The trouble started when villagers were protesting against land acquisition for construction of an educational institution in the area, police said adding that they pulled down the boundary wall at the site.
When police arrived, villagers pelted stones at them injuring a few policemen including Superintendent of Police (Ranchi Rural) A V Minz. He suffered head injury which required one stitch.
To control the situation, police used lathis injuring some villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'