`Special plans afoot to root out naxalism in Jharkhand`
Lohardaga: Gripped with 18 officially declared districts as naxal hit, Jharkhand government is renewing its anti-naxal operation plan.
"A special plan is underway to root out naxalism in the state," K Vijay Kumar, the advisor to Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmed, said.
Contending that naxalism has hindered the state`s development, the retired CRPF DGP said naxalites do not want progress and have become a stumbling block in the development path.
Kumar, who was here to meet senior officers, stressed on effective implementation of developmental projects.
According to police records, 18 out of 24 districts are naxal-hit while two other districts---Pakur and Dumka---have reported sporadic naxal incidents in the recent past.
Jharkhand is dealing with at least six naxal outfits, including the CPI (Maoist).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply