`Special plans afoot to root out naxalism in Jharkhand`
Lohardaga: Gripped with 18 officially declared districts as naxal hit, Jharkhand government is renewing its anti-naxal operation plan.
"A special plan is underway to root out naxalism in the state," K Vijay Kumar, the advisor to Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmed, said.
Contending that naxalism has hindered the state`s development, the retired CRPF DGP said naxalites do not want progress and have become a stumbling block in the development path.
Kumar, who was here to meet senior officers, stressed on effective implementation of developmental projects.
According to police records, 18 out of 24 districts are naxal-hit while two other districts---Pakur and Dumka---have reported sporadic naxal incidents in the recent past.
Jharkhand is dealing with at least six naxal outfits, including the CPI (Maoist).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tata Communications Q4 net loss widens to Rs 205 crore
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2016: Private schools outshine govt schools in Delhi
- Panchmukhi Hanuman – Know significance and reasons to pray Him!
- Maharashtra CM inaugurates Maharojgar Melava