`Special plans afoot to root out naxalism in Jharkhand`
Lohardaga: Gripped with 18 officially declared districts as naxal hit, Jharkhand government is renewing its anti-naxal operation plan.
"A special plan is underway to root out naxalism in the state," K Vijay Kumar, the advisor to Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmed, said.
Contending that naxalism has hindered the state`s development, the retired CRPF DGP said naxalites do not want progress and have become a stumbling block in the development path.
Kumar, who was here to meet senior officers, stressed on effective implementation of developmental projects.
According to police records, 18 out of 24 districts are naxal-hit while two other districts---Pakur and Dumka---have reported sporadic naxal incidents in the recent past.
Jharkhand is dealing with at least six naxal outfits, including the CPI (Maoist).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown