SSB jawan injured in Jharkhand
Dumka: A Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) jawan on Sunday suffered serious injuries following a fire from his fire-arm in Gopikadar camp in Dumka district, police said.
The injured jawan, Kambal Kishore, who was a sentry in the SSB 45-Battalion camp, sustained the injured following a fire from his Insas rifle in the camp, police said.
A resident of Odisha, Kishore, who suffered serious injuries in the chin and eye, was first rushed to Dumka Sadar Hospital, where doctors referred him to PMCH, Dhanbad, said Police Superintendent, Nirmal Kumar Mishra.
Mishra said police was investigating how the fire took place.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living