Step-father rapes minor girl, wanted to marry her
Ranchi: Another rape case surfaced Monday, in which a stepfather is accused of raping a girl for eight months. Police said that the man wanted to marry his stepdaughter.
Mahendra Sonar, a resident of Dhruwa colony of Ranchi, was arrested Sunday night. Mahendra`s wife lodged a complaint in the Dhruwa police station alleging that he had been raping her 14-year-old daughter for the last eight months.
Police arrested Mahendra and sent him to jail. The minor, in her statement to police, revealed that Mahendra had been forcing himself on her and had even wanted to marry her. She informed her mother May 4.
The mother had left her first husband, the father of the girl, and married Mahendra, with whom she has two children. Her daughter from the previous marriage and the two children all lived together in Ranchi.
A medical test has been conducted on the girl, and police said further action would depend on the results of the test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’