Step-father rapes minor girl, wanted to marry her
Ranchi: Another rape case surfaced Monday, in which a stepfather is accused of raping a girl for eight months. Police said that the man wanted to marry his stepdaughter.
Mahendra Sonar, a resident of Dhruwa colony of Ranchi, was arrested Sunday night. Mahendra`s wife lodged a complaint in the Dhruwa police station alleging that he had been raping her 14-year-old daughter for the last eight months.
Police arrested Mahendra and sent him to jail. The minor, in her statement to police, revealed that Mahendra had been forcing himself on her and had even wanted to marry her. She informed her mother May 4.
The mother had left her first husband, the father of the girl, and married Mahendra, with whom she has two children. Her daughter from the previous marriage and the two children all lived together in Ranchi.
A medical test has been conducted on the girl, and police said further action would depend on the results of the test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?