Stone hurled at Kalraj Mishra meeting; hits mike
Ranchi: A stone was hurled at BJP`s national vice president Kalraj Mishra when he was addressing a meeting at Dhurwa here but the stone hit the mike, party sources said.
However, it was not yet known who had hurled the stone, according to a police officer posted with the Dhurwa police station.
He said an FIR was being filed in connection with the incident.
Condemning the incident, BJP’s state unit president Dineshanand Goswami said, "I have informed the matter to the DGP and the SSP (Senior Superintendent of Police) and demanded immediate identification and arrest of the culprit."
Goswami, who was present on the dais, suspected that the stone was thrown by an activist of an opposition party.
Mishra was addressing the meeting, which was organised in protest against price rise, allotment of coal block and other issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!