Stone hurled at Kalraj Mishra meeting; hits mike
Ranchi: A stone was hurled at BJP`s national vice president Kalraj Mishra when he was addressing a meeting at Dhurwa here but the stone hit the mike, party sources said.
However, it was not yet known who had hurled the stone, according to a police officer posted with the Dhurwa police station.
He said an FIR was being filed in connection with the incident.
Condemning the incident, BJP’s state unit president Dineshanand Goswami said, "I have informed the matter to the DGP and the SSP (Senior Superintendent of Police) and demanded immediate identification and arrest of the culprit."
Goswami, who was present on the dais, suspected that the stone was thrown by an activist of an opposition party.
Mishra was addressing the meeting, which was organised in protest against price rise, allotment of coal block and other issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends