Stone hurled at Kalraj Mishra meeting; hits mike
Ranchi: A stone was hurled at BJP`s national vice president Kalraj Mishra when he was addressing a meeting at Dhurwa here but the stone hit the mike, party sources said.
However, it was not yet known who had hurled the stone, according to a police officer posted with the Dhurwa police station.
He said an FIR was being filed in connection with the incident.
Condemning the incident, BJP’s state unit president Dineshanand Goswami said, "I have informed the matter to the DGP and the SSP (Senior Superintendent of Police) and demanded immediate identification and arrest of the culprit."
Goswami, who was present on the dais, suspected that the stone was thrown by an activist of an opposition party.
Mishra was addressing the meeting, which was organised in protest against price rise, allotment of coal block and other issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!