Stone hurled at Kalraj Mishra meeting; hits mike
Ranchi: A stone was hurled at BJP`s national vice president Kalraj Mishra when he was addressing a meeting at Dhurwa here but the stone hit the mike, party sources said.
However, it was not yet known who had hurled the stone, according to a police officer posted with the Dhurwa police station.
He said an FIR was being filed in connection with the incident.
Condemning the incident, BJP’s state unit president Dineshanand Goswami said, "I have informed the matter to the DGP and the SSP (Senior Superintendent of Police) and demanded immediate identification and arrest of the culprit."
Goswami, who was present on the dais, suspected that the stone was thrown by an activist of an opposition party.
Mishra was addressing the meeting, which was organised in protest against price rise, allotment of coal block and other issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official