Student leader lynched in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A leader of the All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU) was beaten to death along with his driver by villagers in Deoghar district, police said on Tuesday.
Mukesh Singh was travelling in his car late Monday, when his vehicle was stopped by villagers guarding the Rohini Nawadih village, around 300 km from Ranchi.
Suspecting them to be anti-social elements, the student leader did not stop the car.
The villagers, meanwhile, thought Mukesh Singh was escaping after committing theft, and chased the vehicle, which stopped at a railway crossing.
The villagers thrashed the student leader and his driver. Both died on the spot. The car was set on fire.
The AJSU has demanded an inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you