Student leader lynched in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A leader of the All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU) was beaten to death along with his driver by villagers in Deoghar district, police said on Tuesday.
Mukesh Singh was travelling in his car late Monday, when his vehicle was stopped by villagers guarding the Rohini Nawadih village, around 300 km from Ranchi.
Suspecting them to be anti-social elements, the student leader did not stop the car.
The villagers, meanwhile, thought Mukesh Singh was escaping after committing theft, and chased the vehicle, which stopped at a railway crossing.
The villagers thrashed the student leader and his driver. Both died on the spot. The car was set on fire.
The AJSU has demanded an inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble