Student leader lynched in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A leader of the All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU) was beaten to death along with his driver by villagers in Deoghar district, police said on Tuesday.
Mukesh Singh was travelling in his car late Monday, when his vehicle was stopped by villagers guarding the Rohini Nawadih village, around 300 km from Ranchi.
Suspecting them to be anti-social elements, the student leader did not stop the car.
The villagers, meanwhile, thought Mukesh Singh was escaping after committing theft, and chased the vehicle, which stopped at a railway crossing.
The villagers thrashed the student leader and his driver. Both died on the spot. The car was set on fire.
The AJSU has demanded an inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death