Students block highway as VBU varsity deadlock continues
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Students blocked
the arterial Ranchi-Patna national highway at several points
as the strike by the non-teaching staff of the Vinobha Bhave
University paralysed work of the varisty and 19 constituent
colleges in Hazaribagh district for the 82nd day Tuesday.
Normal life was thrown out of gear in Hazaribagh town
as the boys and girls of the colleges blocked the roads at
several points today alleging the prolonged strike was
affecting their career, police sources said.
Both the students of St. Columbas College and the
K.B.Womens College, two premier institutions of Hazaribagh
under the VBU, blocked the highways and locked the gates of
both institutions preventing Principals to enter the college.
The students gheraoed the two on the roads for hours
in protest against the non-functioning, sources said.
Maintaining they had no issue with the striking
non-teaching staff, the students pointed out they were
concerned about career in the wake of not getting certificates
required for applying outside Jharkhand for courses like
medical, engineering, MBA and other competitive examinations
on all India basis.
Besides due to non-publication of results and holding
examinations they might have to lose one year or more.
Senior officials accompanied by police removed the
road blockades and rescued the two principals, sources said.
General Secretary of the VBU Employees Association
Vijay Kumar vowed not to withdraw strike till the state
accepted the main demand about implementation of Pay
Commission recommendation for the non-teaching staff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16
- Rupee rebounds 6 paise to 67.05 vs USD
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Thisara Perera penalised, Mitchell Starc reprimanded for ICC code of conduct breaches
- UEFA Champions League 2016-17 draw; Player of the Year award ceremony — As it happened...
- Kannada actress Ramya attacked with eggs in Mangaluru over 'pro-Pak remarks'