Students of Jamshedpur, Pakistan schools interact
Jamshedpur: Students of a Jamshedpur school and a Pakistani school had an interaction through video-conferencing to discuss faith, religion and identity.
Students of DBMS English School interacted with those of City School at Bhit Shah in the Sindh province of Pakistan as part of the `Face to Faith` initiative launched by the Tony Blair Faith Foundation, DBMS sources said on Friday.
Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair had launched the project in 2009 to get school children of different religions and countries talking to each other using video-conferencing.
The programme, organised in the DBMS school premises here yesterday, encouraged peer teaching and learning and was focused upon critical issues of faith, religion and identity, the sources said.
The students discussed about their city, their school and festivals that were celebrated in their countries.
Besides their school, DBMS students spoke on the history of the city, its various industries and then about Indian festivals like Holi and Diwali.
On the other hand, the sources said, the Pakistani students told them about the three different Eid festivals which they celebrate and their significance.
They also mentioned a prominent lake of town, which supposed to have medicinal properties and considered to be holy, the sources said.
The DBMS had made a similar attempt to interact with The Elegance School of Computer Sciences, Quetta (Pakistan) on August 6 but it failed due to technical problem, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren