Sun stroke claims one life in Jharkhand
Ranchi: One person died of sun stroke in Latehar district as heat wave swept across Jharkhand with most districts recording over 41 degree celsius on Wednesday.
A labourer, who had gone to cut wood at Jamuna village in Latehar district, collapsed and died after suffering sun stroke, police said.
Latehar registered 43.2 degree celsius, according to Met office sources.
People of Bokaro endured another scorching day with 46.1 degree celsius while there was no respite for the people of Garhwa enduring a maximum temperature of 45.5 degree celsius.
Roads wore a deserted look in the afternoon in most parts of the districts like Palamau (44.8 dc), Lohardaga (44.8 dc), Hazaribagh (43.4 dc), Jamshedpur (43.2 dc), Latehar (43.2 dc), West Singhbhum (43.2 dc), Dumka (43 dc) and Ranchi (40.9 dc).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur