Sun stroke claims one life in Jharkhand
Ranchi: One person died of sun stroke in Latehar district as heat wave swept across Jharkhand with most districts recording over 41 degree celsius on Wednesday.
A labourer, who had gone to cut wood at Jamuna village in Latehar district, collapsed and died after suffering sun stroke, police said.
Latehar registered 43.2 degree celsius, according to Met office sources.
People of Bokaro endured another scorching day with 46.1 degree celsius while there was no respite for the people of Garhwa enduring a maximum temperature of 45.5 degree celsius.
Roads wore a deserted look in the afternoon in most parts of the districts like Palamau (44.8 dc), Lohardaga (44.8 dc), Hazaribagh (43.4 dc), Jamshedpur (43.2 dc), Latehar (43.2 dc), West Singhbhum (43.2 dc), Dumka (43 dc) and Ranchi (40.9 dc).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?