Suspected Maoist killed in encounter
Chaibasa (Jharkhand): A suspected Maoist was on Friday killed during an encounter with the security forces near Kudabeda village in West Singhbhum district.
The rebel, who suffered bullet shots in the encounter, succumbed on way to a hospital, Deputy Inspector General of Police Arun Kumar Singh said, adding that he was later identified as a "member" of the CPI (Maoist).
Two guns and four cartridges were recovered from the spot, the DIG said.
This is the second encounter between the rebels and the para-military forces in the district since yesterday.
CRPF and the district police were engaged in a gun battle yesterday in the Porahat forests after the security forces rushed there following reports that six bodies of villagers were buried after being killed during retaliatory clashes between sections in two villages, and that there was Maoist involvement in the violence.
The DIG said the security forces today located the spot where the bodies were said to be buried following the clash last week. Efforts would be made tomorrow to exhume the bodies, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal