Suspected Maoist killed in encounter
Chaibasa (Jharkhand): A suspected Maoist was on Friday killed during an encounter with the security forces near Kudabeda village in West Singhbhum district.
The rebel, who suffered bullet shots in the encounter, succumbed on way to a hospital, Deputy Inspector General of Police Arun Kumar Singh said, adding that he was later identified as a "member" of the CPI (Maoist).
Two guns and four cartridges were recovered from the spot, the DIG said.
This is the second encounter between the rebels and the para-military forces in the district since yesterday.
CRPF and the district police were engaged in a gun battle yesterday in the Porahat forests after the security forces rushed there following reports that six bodies of villagers were buried after being killed during retaliatory clashes between sections in two villages, and that there was Maoist involvement in the violence.
The DIG said the security forces today located the spot where the bodies were said to be buried following the clash last week. Efforts would be made tomorrow to exhume the bodies, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!