Suspected Maoist killed in encounter
Chaibasa (Jharkhand): A suspected Maoist was on Friday killed during an encounter with the security forces near Kudabeda village in West Singhbhum district.
The rebel, who suffered bullet shots in the encounter, succumbed on way to a hospital, Deputy Inspector General of Police Arun Kumar Singh said, adding that he was later identified as a "member" of the CPI (Maoist).
Two guns and four cartridges were recovered from the spot, the DIG said.
This is the second encounter between the rebels and the para-military forces in the district since yesterday.
CRPF and the district police were engaged in a gun battle yesterday in the Porahat forests after the security forces rushed there following reports that six bodies of villagers were buried after being killed during retaliatory clashes between sections in two villages, and that there was Maoist involvement in the violence.
The DIG said the security forces today located the spot where the bodies were said to be buried following the clash last week. Efforts would be made tomorrow to exhume the bodies, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why