Syed Ahmad takes over as Governor of Jharkhand
Ranchi: Syed Ahmad took oath as the
eighth 8th Governor of Jharkhand at the Raj Bhavan on Sunday.
Ahmad replaces MOH Farook, who is scheduled to take
charge as the Governor of Kerala.
He was administered the oath of office by acting
Chief justice of Jharkhand High Court PC Tatia.
Chief Minister Arjun Munda, Deputy Chief Ministers
Sudesh Mahato and Hemant Soren, Speaker CP Singh, Leader of
Opposition Rajendra Singh, Union Tourism Minister Subodhkant
Sahai, ministers of the state government, JVM chief Babulal
Marandi were among those present at the function and and
Ahmad during his brief interaction with the media
stressed on the need to tap the state`s potential for its
development. “Jharkhand is a rich state in terms of human
resources and minerals. It should be utilized properly for the
development of the state.”
Congratulating him on assuming office, Munda said, "I
hope his wise counsel will be available to run the
Ahmad, a well-known poet and author of many books, has
been associated with the Indian National Congress since 1977
and represented Mumbai’s Nagpada constituency for five terms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Indian Premier League 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Rahul Singh takes blessings from poor on his B-day
- Dino Morea, Ranbir Kapoor flaunt football skills! - See pics
- BJP to go it alone in UP Assembly polls, Ram temple not to be on poll agenda: Mahesh Sharma
- Thousands flee IS offensive in northern Syria: Monitor