Talks on with Cong and BJP: Shibu Soren
Bokaro (Jharkhand): JMM president Shibu
Soren on Friday said he was in touch with both BJP and Congress to
initiate government formation without any conditions as
President`s Rule, imposed in the state, was no alternative to
"We (JMM) are in touch with both Congress and BJP,
exploring the possibility to form the government at the
earliest, because President`s Rule is not in the interest of
the state as development work comes to a grinding halt," Soren
told newsmen here.
Stating that the BJP was not `less responsible` for
imposition of Central rule in the state, Soren said his
party would not set any condition in the formation of the next
"I am not in favour of midterm polls," said the
veteran tribal leader.
The state came under President`s Rule on June 1 and its
assembly kept in suspended animation after Soren resigned as
chief minsiter on May 30 without facing the trust vote on May
31 for want of numbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?