Talks on with Cong and BJP: Shibu Soren
Bokaro (Jharkhand): JMM president Shibu
Soren on Friday said he was in touch with both BJP and Congress to
initiate government formation without any conditions as
President`s Rule, imposed in the state, was no alternative to
"We (JMM) are in touch with both Congress and BJP,
exploring the possibility to form the government at the
earliest, because President`s Rule is not in the interest of
the state as development work comes to a grinding halt," Soren
told newsmen here.
Stating that the BJP was not `less responsible` for
imposition of Central rule in the state, Soren said his
party would not set any condition in the formation of the next
"I am not in favour of midterm polls," said the
veteran tribal leader.
The state came under President`s Rule on June 1 and its
assembly kept in suspended animation after Soren resigned as
chief minsiter on May 30 without facing the trust vote on May
31 for want of numbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'