Talks on with Cong and BJP: Shibu Soren
Bokaro (Jharkhand): JMM president Shibu
Soren on Friday said he was in touch with both BJP and Congress to
initiate government formation without any conditions as
President`s Rule, imposed in the state, was no alternative to
"We (JMM) are in touch with both Congress and BJP,
exploring the possibility to form the government at the
earliest, because President`s Rule is not in the interest of
the state as development work comes to a grinding halt," Soren
told newsmen here.
Stating that the BJP was not `less responsible` for
imposition of Central rule in the state, Soren said his
party would not set any condition in the formation of the next
"I am not in favour of midterm polls," said the
veteran tribal leader.
The state came under President`s Rule on June 1 and its
assembly kept in suspended animation after Soren resigned as
chief minsiter on May 30 without facing the trust vote on May
31 for want of numbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!