Talks on with Cong and BJP: Shibu Soren
Bokaro (Jharkhand): JMM president Shibu
Soren on Friday said he was in touch with both BJP and Congress to
initiate government formation without any conditions as
President`s Rule, imposed in the state, was no alternative to
"We (JMM) are in touch with both Congress and BJP,
exploring the possibility to form the government at the
earliest, because President`s Rule is not in the interest of
the state as development work comes to a grinding halt," Soren
told newsmen here.
Stating that the BJP was not `less responsible` for
imposition of Central rule in the state, Soren said his
party would not set any condition in the formation of the next
"I am not in favour of midterm polls," said the
veteran tribal leader.
The state came under President`s Rule on June 1 and its
assembly kept in suspended animation after Soren resigned as
chief minsiter on May 30 without facing the trust vote on May
31 for want of numbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!