Tata Steel factory explosion injures 11 workers
Jamshedpur: Eleven Tata Steel employees and contract workers were injured on Thursday following an explosion inside its factory here.
"Eleven persons were injured after explosion in the LD gas holder at our facility. Two of the injured are serious," a Tata Steel spokesperson told.
The spokesperson said the area of the explosion has been sanitised and other factory operations are running as per schedule.
Following the explosion, a fire broke out in the adjoining gas pipeline. Six fire tenders were rushed to douse the flames, said inspector of factories, A K Mishra. The injured were admitted to Tata Main Hospital, he said.
The roof of the gas holder was badly damaged, Mishra said, adding the pipeline has been isolated.
The rubber material of the gas holder was melting in the fire and the priority was to control the fire, he said.
Meanwhile, one of the seriously injured employees was shifted to the critical care unit of the hospital, company sources said.
Both the fire and the gas emission were under control and there were no reports of any casualty.
Meanwhile, Superintendent of Police (City), Karthik S said the injuries were caused by splinters and not due to the explosion or gas emission.
Employees in the vicinity of the accident site were taken out safely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why