Taxes in Jharkhand less compared to other states: Dy CM
Ranchi: Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren
on Wednesday said taxes in Jharkhand were very less in comparison to
other states, yet the state government would do whatever
necessary to address the problems of the poor.
"While Jharkhand is collecting every drop to fill-up
its pot (tax collections), other states are filling it up with
buckets," Soren said as he drove home his point that other
states had been collecting more taxes than Jharkhand.
"Still we will review it in the interest of the poor,"
Soren told PTI when asked whether the government would
rollback VAT as demanded by the opposition earlier in the
House that led to their walkout.
Recently the government imposed VAT on handkerchief,
towels, pillow covers and increased VAT on motor parts to 12
per cent and had stated that VAT in neighbouring states were
higher that of Jharkhand.
Various trade organisations had joined a protest
demonstration here on March 7, the day when Soren presented
the financial statement for the year 2011-12, demanding
rollback of VAT.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Do you know where is Katrina Kaif's paradise? Watch video
- READ: What Suresh Raina said after Gujarat Lions' dream IPL run ended in Qualifier 2
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic.in 10th Results 2016 CBSE Board: CBSE Class 10th X Exam Result 2016 to be announced today on May 28 at 2 PM
- 10th X Results 2016 CBSE Board: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in 10th X class exam result 2016 CBSE Board to be announced soon
- Track your lost Android phone in these steps; remotely lock or erase data