Tearful farewell to SP killed in Naxal attack
Ranchi: Slain Pakur SP Amarjit Balihar was on Wednesday given a tearful farewell at the Jharkhand Armed Police (JAP) premises with Governor Syed Ahmed and several senior government officials placing wreaths on the body.
After the bugle was sounded the last post, Ahmed consoled the slain police officer`s wife and two sobbing daughters at the JAP-I premises at Doranda in Ranchi.
Chief Secretary R S Sharma, DGP Rajeev Kumar, the Governor`s two advisors, Madhukar Gupta and Anand Shankar and several IPS and IAS officers were present.
Later, the body was taken to his home at Purulia road in the city from where it would be taken to a church, before it would be laid to rest.
Balihar was killed in a Maoist attack in Dumka district along with five others on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital