Tearful farewell to SP killed in Naxal attack
Ranchi: Slain Pakur SP Amarjit Balihar was on Wednesday given a tearful farewell at the Jharkhand Armed Police (JAP) premises with Governor Syed Ahmed and several senior government officials placing wreaths on the body.
After the bugle was sounded the last post, Ahmed consoled the slain police officer`s wife and two sobbing daughters at the JAP-I premises at Doranda in Ranchi.
Chief Secretary R S Sharma, DGP Rajeev Kumar, the Governor`s two advisors, Madhukar Gupta and Anand Shankar and several IPS and IAS officers were present.
Later, the body was taken to his home at Purulia road in the city from where it would be taken to a church, before it would be laid to rest.
Balihar was killed in a Maoist attack in Dumka district along with five others on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam