Teenager raped, killed in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: A 15-year-old girl was allegedly raped and strangulated to death in Chiria under the Chiria Police Station of Manoharpur block in the adjoining West Singhbhum district, police said on Thursday.
The girl was raped and strangulated before the culprit dumped her in a nearby well, said the Chiria Police Station officer-in-charge Prabhu Sahay Ekka.
The girl`s naked body was recovered yesterday and sent for postmortem, he said, adding that the body bore injury marks including the face.
Though it could not be ascertained whether there was more than one person involved in the crime, an FIR has been against unidentified people and police have started conducting raids to trace the culprits.
Meanwhile, a strong resentment was prevailing among the villagers particularly among the women, who have threatened to take to the streets if the culprit was not apprehended soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations