Tell the nation exactly how much guilty you are: Gadkari to PM
Ranchi: Taking on Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh for his statement in the wake of scams that he was not
as guilty as made out to be, BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Saturday
asked him to tell the nation exactly "how much guilty" he was.
"The Prime Minister has been saying he does not know
about any scam or appointment of PJ Thomas as CVC. Even at a
media conference he said he was not as much guilty as made out
to be by the Opposition. I ask him to tell the nation how much
is his guilt amid a number of corruption cases?" he said at a
party convention here.
Noting that the country had the right to know the extent
of the PM`s involvement in the scams, he said, "People should
know how much is his guilt in scams like CAG and 2G Spectrum."
Terming Congress party as a "family fiefdom", Gadkari
said, "Congress leaders like P Chidambaram and Pranab
Mukherjee can dream of becoming Prime Minister but they can
never dare to dream of becoming the party president as the
post is reserved for a Gandhi only."
But in BJP, he claimed, any activist can aspire to become
its president. "I am an example. I remember the days when as a
party worker, I used to paste bills during Atal Bihari
Vajpayee`s meeting in Maharashtra. Now the same party has made
me the president. Can any Congress leader think of it?" he
The BJP president attributed corruption in Congress-led
UPA government to the cause for price rise.
"Corruption is the root cause of skyrocketing of prices
...A Raja is just a symbol of corruption...several corrupt
leaders of Congress have become rich," Gadkari alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'