Tell the nation exactly how much guilty you are: Gadkari to PM
Ranchi: Taking on Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh for his statement in the wake of scams that he was not
as guilty as made out to be, BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Saturday
asked him to tell the nation exactly "how much guilty" he was.
"The Prime Minister has been saying he does not know
about any scam or appointment of PJ Thomas as CVC. Even at a
media conference he said he was not as much guilty as made out
to be by the Opposition. I ask him to tell the nation how much
is his guilt amid a number of corruption cases?" he said at a
party convention here.
Noting that the country had the right to know the extent
of the PM`s involvement in the scams, he said, "People should
know how much is his guilt in scams like CAG and 2G Spectrum."
Terming Congress party as a "family fiefdom", Gadkari
said, "Congress leaders like P Chidambaram and Pranab
Mukherjee can dream of becoming Prime Minister but they can
never dare to dream of becoming the party president as the
post is reserved for a Gandhi only."
But in BJP, he claimed, any activist can aspire to become
its president. "I am an example. I remember the days when as a
party worker, I used to paste bills during Atal Bihari
Vajpayee`s meeting in Maharashtra. Now the same party has made
me the president. Can any Congress leader think of it?" he
The BJP president attributed corruption in Congress-led
UPA government to the cause for price rise.
"Corruption is the root cause of skyrocketing of prices
...A Raja is just a symbol of corruption...several corrupt
leaders of Congress have become rich," Gadkari alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing