Tell the nation exactly how much guilty you are: Gadkari to PM
Ranchi: Taking on Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh for his statement in the wake of scams that he was not
as guilty as made out to be, BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Saturday
asked him to tell the nation exactly "how much guilty" he was.
"The Prime Minister has been saying he does not know
about any scam or appointment of PJ Thomas as CVC. Even at a
media conference he said he was not as much guilty as made out
to be by the Opposition. I ask him to tell the nation how much
is his guilt amid a number of corruption cases?" he said at a
party convention here.
Noting that the country had the right to know the extent
of the PM`s involvement in the scams, he said, "People should
know how much is his guilt in scams like CAG and 2G Spectrum."
Terming Congress party as a "family fiefdom", Gadkari
said, "Congress leaders like P Chidambaram and Pranab
Mukherjee can dream of becoming Prime Minister but they can
never dare to dream of becoming the party president as the
post is reserved for a Gandhi only."
But in BJP, he claimed, any activist can aspire to become
its president. "I am an example. I remember the days when as a
party worker, I used to paste bills during Atal Bihari
Vajpayee`s meeting in Maharashtra. Now the same party has made
me the president. Can any Congress leader think of it?" he
The BJP president attributed corruption in Congress-led
UPA government to the cause for price rise.
"Corruption is the root cause of skyrocketing of prices
...A Raja is just a symbol of corruption...several corrupt
leaders of Congress have become rich," Gadkari alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured