Ten Maoists killed by rivals in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Ten Maoists were killed in an encounter with a splinter group of the CPI (Maoist) near a village of Chatra district, police said Thursday.
The Maoists were killed in an encounter with the Tritiya Prastuti Committee (TPC) last night.
"Bodies of 10 Maoists were recovered near Lakramanda village. They were killed during an encounter with the TPC last night," Chatra Deputy Commissioner Manoj Kumar said over phone.
Superintendent of Police Anup Birtheray has reached the spot.
Lakramanda village under Kunda police station of Chatra district is about 100 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda