Third legislator quits Jharkhand Assembly
Ranchi: Another Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) legislator contesting the Lok Sabha polls has resigned from the Assembly, said an official on Saturday.
The official told a news agency that Vidyut Baran Mahto is fighting for the Jamshedpur seat on a BJP ticket.
Mahto is the second JMM legislator to quit after Hemlal Murmu resigned on Friday.
The resignations follow Speaker Shashak Shekhar Bhokta`s notice to two JMM legislators who were fielded by the Bharatiya Janata Party as nominees in Lok Sabha polls.
Both Mumrmu and Mahto have joined the BJP and are party candidates for the Rajmahal and Jamsahedpur Lok Sabha seat respectively.
Chandra Shekhar Dubey, who is Trinamool Congress candidate from Dhanbad and has resigned from the Congress, on Thursday also quit membership of the Jharkhand Assembly.
After the exit of three, the strength of the Assembly has been reduced from 82 to 79.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing