Third legislator quits Jharkhand Assembly
Ranchi: Another Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) legislator contesting the Lok Sabha polls has resigned from the Assembly, said an official on Saturday.
The official told a news agency that Vidyut Baran Mahto is fighting for the Jamshedpur seat on a BJP ticket.
Mahto is the second JMM legislator to quit after Hemlal Murmu resigned on Friday.
The resignations follow Speaker Shashak Shekhar Bhokta`s notice to two JMM legislators who were fielded by the Bharatiya Janata Party as nominees in Lok Sabha polls.
Both Mumrmu and Mahto have joined the BJP and are party candidates for the Rajmahal and Jamsahedpur Lok Sabha seat respectively.
Chandra Shekhar Dubey, who is Trinamool Congress candidate from Dhanbad and has resigned from the Congress, on Thursday also quit membership of the Jharkhand Assembly.
After the exit of three, the strength of the Assembly has been reduced from 82 to 79.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends