Third legislator quits Jharkhand Assembly
Ranchi: Another Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) legislator contesting the Lok Sabha polls has resigned from the Assembly, said an official on Saturday.
The official told a news agency that Vidyut Baran Mahto is fighting for the Jamshedpur seat on a BJP ticket.
Mahto is the second JMM legislator to quit after Hemlal Murmu resigned on Friday.
The resignations follow Speaker Shashak Shekhar Bhokta`s notice to two JMM legislators who were fielded by the Bharatiya Janata Party as nominees in Lok Sabha polls.
Both Mumrmu and Mahto have joined the BJP and are party candidates for the Rajmahal and Jamsahedpur Lok Sabha seat respectively.
Chandra Shekhar Dubey, who is Trinamool Congress candidate from Dhanbad and has resigned from the Congress, on Thursday also quit membership of the Jharkhand Assembly.
After the exit of three, the strength of the Assembly has been reduced from 82 to 79.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India