Thousands attend funeral of martyred CRPF jawan
Hazaribagh: About 20,000 mourning relatives, friends, officials and others received the body of martyred CRPF jawan Subhash Sourav Barla, who was killed by the Pakistani militants on March 13.
The grief stricken parents Patras Barla and Poonam Barla and sister, Monideepa Barla (19) broke down seeing the coffin draped in the tricolour, taken to their house at Hurhuru colony here at 7.45 pm.
After religious rites were completed, the body was put on the platform erected by the CRPF to offer floral tributes and sounded the bugle to the last post.
Among those who were present were DIG (North Chotanagpur Range) Suman Gupta, Deputy Commissioner Manish Ranjan, Superintendent of Police Manoj Kaushik and Commandant of the CRPF (22 battalion) RM Sampran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report