Thousands attend funeral of martyred CRPF jawan
Hazaribagh: About 20,000 mourning relatives, friends, officials and others received the body of martyred CRPF jawan Subhash Sourav Barla, who was killed by the Pakistani militants on March 13.
The grief stricken parents Patras Barla and Poonam Barla and sister, Monideepa Barla (19) broke down seeing the coffin draped in the tricolour, taken to their house at Hurhuru colony here at 7.45 pm.
After religious rites were completed, the body was put on the platform erected by the CRPF to offer floral tributes and sounded the bugle to the last post.
Among those who were present were DIG (North Chotanagpur Range) Suman Gupta, Deputy Commissioner Manish Ranjan, Superintendent of Police Manoj Kaushik and Commandant of the CRPF (22 battalion) RM Sampran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman