Three BJP workers injured in scuffle with Cong workers
Ranchi: Three BJP workers, who allegedly tried to show black flags at AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi Tuesday were injured in a scuffle with Congress workers, police sources said.
The scuffle broke out when the BJP workers allegedly tried to show black flags to Gandhi, but he had already left by then after garlanding the statue of tribal icon Birsa Munda, the sources said.
A BJP worker Sanjay Jaiswal suffered head injuries and all three were admitted to hospital, they said.
"The BJP workers were protesting against price rise and anti-people policies of the central government when Congress workers pounced on them and beat them up," BJP spokesman Pradip Sinha alleged.
Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahay accused the administration of not being alert though Congress workers informed the police that such situation could arise during Gandhi?s two-day visit of Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!