Three BJP workers injured in scuffle with Cong workers
Ranchi: Three BJP workers, who allegedly tried to show black flags at AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi Tuesday were injured in a scuffle with Congress workers, police sources said.
The scuffle broke out when the BJP workers allegedly tried to show black flags to Gandhi, but he had already left by then after garlanding the statue of tribal icon Birsa Munda, the sources said.
A BJP worker Sanjay Jaiswal suffered head injuries and all three were admitted to hospital, they said.
"The BJP workers were protesting against price rise and anti-people policies of the central government when Congress workers pounced on them and beat them up," BJP spokesman Pradip Sinha alleged.
Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahay accused the administration of not being alert though Congress workers informed the police that such situation could arise during Gandhi?s two-day visit of Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli