Three BJP workers injured in scuffle with Cong workers
Ranchi: Three BJP workers, who allegedly tried to show black flags at AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi Tuesday were injured in a scuffle with Congress workers, police sources said.
The scuffle broke out when the BJP workers allegedly tried to show black flags to Gandhi, but he had already left by then after garlanding the statue of tribal icon Birsa Munda, the sources said.
A BJP worker Sanjay Jaiswal suffered head injuries and all three were admitted to hospital, they said.
"The BJP workers were protesting against price rise and anti-people policies of the central government when Congress workers pounced on them and beat them up," BJP spokesman Pradip Sinha alleged.
Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahay accused the administration of not being alert though Congress workers informed the police that such situation could arise during Gandhi?s two-day visit of Jharkhand.
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match