Three BJP workers injured in scuffle with Cong workers
Ranchi: Three BJP workers, who allegedly tried to show black flags at AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi Tuesday were injured in a scuffle with Congress workers, police sources said.
The scuffle broke out when the BJP workers allegedly tried to show black flags to Gandhi, but he had already left by then after garlanding the statue of tribal icon Birsa Munda, the sources said.
A BJP worker Sanjay Jaiswal suffered head injuries and all three were admitted to hospital, they said.
"The BJP workers were protesting against price rise and anti-people policies of the central government when Congress workers pounced on them and beat them up," BJP spokesman Pradip Sinha alleged.
Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahay accused the administration of not being alert though Congress workers informed the police that such situation could arise during Gandhi?s two-day visit of Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof