Three children burnt to death, 1000 huts gutted in fire
Khagaria: Three children were killed when a fire broke out in hutments in Bihar`s Khagaria district, police said on Monday.
The fire broke out last night in a kitchen and soon spread to other hutments, destroying over 100 thatched huts, Circle Officer Pradeep Sinha said.
The children who were killed in the blaze were identified as Anchal Kumari (3), Manisha Kumari (3) and Jitan Kumar (7).
The damaged caused by the fire was being assessed for payment of compensation to the affected families, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre