Three children killed in explosion:Jharkhand
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Three children were today killed in an explosion triggered by spent metals of a grenade at Sakheya village in Hazaribagh district, the police said.
The three -- who were in their early teens -- were watching a villager breaking the explosive metal with a hammer after collecting it from a firing range of the BSF, Superintendent of Police Manoj Kaushik told reporters here.
While one died on the spot, the other two succumbed to their injuries at a hospital, he said the three were identified as Rahul Kumar (14) Ghulam Sahid (13) and Ehsan Raza (13).
The SP said even after the incident about 40 rag pickers were seen collecting brass materials at the range, adding he had directed to post police personnel at the area to prevent a repeat of the incident.
The villagers collect the materials to sell them, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown