Three children killed in explosion:Jharkhand
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Three children were today killed in an explosion triggered by spent metals of a grenade at Sakheya village in Hazaribagh district, the police said.
The three -- who were in their early teens -- were watching a villager breaking the explosive metal with a hammer after collecting it from a firing range of the BSF, Superintendent of Police Manoj Kaushik told reporters here.
While one died on the spot, the other two succumbed to their injuries at a hospital, he said the three were identified as Rahul Kumar (14) Ghulam Sahid (13) and Ehsan Raza (13).
The SP said even after the incident about 40 rag pickers were seen collecting brass materials at the range, adding he had directed to post police personnel at the area to prevent a repeat of the incident.
The villagers collect the materials to sell them, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family