Three children killed in explosion:Jharkhand
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Three children were today killed in an explosion triggered by spent metals of a grenade at Sakheya village in Hazaribagh district, the police said.
The three -- who were in their early teens -- were watching a villager breaking the explosive metal with a hammer after collecting it from a firing range of the BSF, Superintendent of Police Manoj Kaushik told reporters here.
While one died on the spot, the other two succumbed to their injuries at a hospital, he said the three were identified as Rahul Kumar (14) Ghulam Sahid (13) and Ehsan Raza (13).
The SP said even after the incident about 40 rag pickers were seen collecting brass materials at the range, adding he had directed to post police personnel at the area to prevent a repeat of the incident.
The villagers collect the materials to sell them, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...