Three children killed in explosion:Jharkhand
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Three children were today killed in an explosion triggered by spent metals of a grenade at Sakheya village in Hazaribagh district, the police said.
The three -- who were in their early teens -- were watching a villager breaking the explosive metal with a hammer after collecting it from a firing range of the BSF, Superintendent of Police Manoj Kaushik told reporters here.
While one died on the spot, the other two succumbed to their injuries at a hospital, he said the three were identified as Rahul Kumar (14) Ghulam Sahid (13) and Ehsan Raza (13).
The SP said even after the incident about 40 rag pickers were seen collecting brass materials at the range, adding he had directed to post police personnel at the area to prevent a repeat of the incident.
The villagers collect the materials to sell them, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday