Three cops injured in Maoist attack in J’khand
Latehar (Jharkhand): Three policemen were
injured when Maoists attacked their make-shift camp at Cone
village in Latehar district in the wee hours today.
The ultras attacked the camp of the securitymen past
midnight triggering an encounter which continued till 4 am,
Superintendent of Police D B Sharma told reporters here.
Three policemen suffered injuries in the attack, while
some Maoists were believed to have suffered bullet wounds in
the encounter, he said.
More than thousand bullets were exchanged between the
two sides, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley