Three JMM MLAs submit resignation letters to Shibu Soren
Ranchi: Three JMM MLAs on Tuesday handed over the letters of resignation from the assembly to party chief Shibu Soren to protest against the party opting out from contesting the February 7 Rajya Sabha elections.
"We, three MLAs, handed our resignation letters to Guruji (as Soren is known) as we are peeved over the way party dropped Savita Mahato within 24 hours of announcing her candidature for the RS polls," JMM MLA Jagannath Mahato told reporters.
Savita is the widow of former deputy Chief Minister Sudhir Mahato, who passed away on January 20 following heart attack.
It is very sad that she (Savita) was dropped, allowing `outsiders` to win the RS seats, added Mahato.
"We will decide on it," he said when asked whether they would take back their resignation letters if Soren requested them to do so.
The other two MLAs, Mathura Prasad Mahato and Vidyoot Baran Mahato, could not be contacted.
Sitting Rajya Sabha member Parimal Nathwani and RJD leader Prem Chand Gupta today filed the nominations for the two seats from the state, virtually making them unopposed candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM