Three JMM MLAs submit resignation letters to Shibu Soren
Ranchi: Three JMM MLAs on Tuesday handed over the letters of resignation from the assembly to party chief Shibu Soren to protest against the party opting out from contesting the February 7 Rajya Sabha elections.
"We, three MLAs, handed our resignation letters to Guruji (as Soren is known) as we are peeved over the way party dropped Savita Mahato within 24 hours of announcing her candidature for the RS polls," JMM MLA Jagannath Mahato told reporters.
Savita is the widow of former deputy Chief Minister Sudhir Mahato, who passed away on January 20 following heart attack.
It is very sad that she (Savita) was dropped, allowing `outsiders` to win the RS seats, added Mahato.
"We will decide on it," he said when asked whether they would take back their resignation letters if Soren requested them to do so.
The other two MLAs, Mathura Prasad Mahato and Vidyoot Baran Mahato, could not be contacted.
Sitting Rajya Sabha member Parimal Nathwani and RJD leader Prem Chand Gupta today filed the nominations for the two seats from the state, virtually making them unopposed candidates.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative