Three JMM MLAs submit resignation letters to Shibu Soren
Ranchi: Three JMM MLAs on Tuesday handed over the letters of resignation from the assembly to party chief Shibu Soren to protest against the party opting out from contesting the February 7 Rajya Sabha elections.
"We, three MLAs, handed our resignation letters to Guruji (as Soren is known) as we are peeved over the way party dropped Savita Mahato within 24 hours of announcing her candidature for the RS polls," JMM MLA Jagannath Mahato told reporters.
Savita is the widow of former deputy Chief Minister Sudhir Mahato, who passed away on January 20 following heart attack.
It is very sad that she (Savita) was dropped, allowing `outsiders` to win the RS seats, added Mahato.
"We will decide on it," he said when asked whether they would take back their resignation letters if Soren requested them to do so.
The other two MLAs, Mathura Prasad Mahato and Vidyoot Baran Mahato, could not be contacted.
Sitting Rajya Sabha member Parimal Nathwani and RJD leader Prem Chand Gupta today filed the nominations for the two seats from the state, virtually making them unopposed candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- From criticism to unconditional love: Argentine fans urge Lionel Messi not to quit
- SC dismisses PIL seeking ban on WhatsApp, other messaging apps
- Arvind Kejriwal accuses political parties in Goa of encouraging sex, drugs, prostitution
- Triple talaq issue to be examined on touchstone of Constitutional framework: SC
- Political parties in Goa encourage sex tourism: Kejriwal