Three landmines recovered in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Police recovered three landmines in Jharkhand`s Chatra district Wednesday and foiled the Maoists` attempt to blow up vehicles of security forces.
Police said they recovered a landmine weighing 40 kg and two landmines each weighing five kg at Jamua village of Chatra district, 140 km from Ranchi.
In another incident, Maoist guerrillas torched an earthmover and three tractors of a private company constructing a road in Jamtara district.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the 24 districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership