Three landmines recovered in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Police recovered three landmines in Jharkhand`s Chatra district Wednesday and foiled the Maoists` attempt to blow up vehicles of security forces.
Police said they recovered a landmine weighing 40 kg and two landmines each weighing five kg at Jamua village of Chatra district, 140 km from Ranchi.
In another incident, Maoist guerrillas torched an earthmover and three tractors of a private company constructing a road in Jamtara district.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the 24 districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened