Three landmines recovered in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Police recovered three landmines in Jharkhand`s Chatra district Wednesday and foiled the Maoists` attempt to blow up vehicles of security forces.
Police said they recovered a landmine weighing 40 kg and two landmines each weighing five kg at Jamua village of Chatra district, 140 km from Ranchi.
In another incident, Maoist guerrillas torched an earthmover and three tractors of a private company constructing a road in Jamtara district.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the 24 districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog