Three Maoist cadres apprehended in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: Three cadres of CPI (Maoists) were apprehended with arms and explosives from naxal-affected West Singhbhum district of Jharkhand during an anti-naxal operation on Friday.
The ultras were arrested between Banguruia and Surgunia villages under Sarada forest following a lead provided to the police by hard-core naxal Vishnu Cherwa, who was the Chairman of Maoists frontal organisation "Krantikari Kishan Committee", Police Superintendent Pankaj Kamboj said.
Cherwa was arrested on Wednesday.
The cadres, who used to provide all logistic help to the Maoists squad in the area, were identified as Mangal Surin, Dubi Gudia and Birsa, he said.
Three single shot country-made firearm and one single barrel gun were seized from them, Kamboj said, adding a hand grenade was also recovered from their possession and defused.
Earlier, the security personnel had recovered a powerful landmine planted on a state highway following Cherwa`s arrest.
During an interrogation, Cherwa had told police that a 40-45 kgs landmine was planted on the state highway between Chotanagra-Manoharpur road to target the security personnel.
The security personnel later recovered the landmine and it was defused by a bomb disposal squad from Ranchi.
Kamboj said an anti-naxal operation was still continuing in the naxal-affected Saranda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical