Three Maoist cadres apprehended in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: Three cadres of CPI (Maoists) were apprehended with arms and explosives from naxal-affected West Singhbhum district of Jharkhand during an anti-naxal operation on Friday.
The ultras were arrested between Banguruia and Surgunia villages under Sarada forest following a lead provided to the police by hard-core naxal Vishnu Cherwa, who was the Chairman of Maoists frontal organisation "Krantikari Kishan Committee", Police Superintendent Pankaj Kamboj said.
Cherwa was arrested on Wednesday.
The cadres, who used to provide all logistic help to the Maoists squad in the area, were identified as Mangal Surin, Dubi Gudia and Birsa, he said.
Three single shot country-made firearm and one single barrel gun were seized from them, Kamboj said, adding a hand grenade was also recovered from their possession and defused.
Earlier, the security personnel had recovered a powerful landmine planted on a state highway following Cherwa`s arrest.
During an interrogation, Cherwa had told police that a 40-45 kgs landmine was planted on the state highway between Chotanagra-Manoharpur road to target the security personnel.
The security personnel later recovered the landmine and it was defused by a bomb disposal squad from Ranchi.
Kamboj said an anti-naxal operation was still continuing in the naxal-affected Saranda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state