Three Maoist cadres apprehended in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: Three cadres of CPI (Maoists) were apprehended with arms and explosives from naxal-affected West Singhbhum district of Jharkhand during an anti-naxal operation on Friday.
The ultras were arrested between Banguruia and Surgunia villages under Sarada forest following a lead provided to the police by hard-core naxal Vishnu Cherwa, who was the Chairman of Maoists frontal organisation "Krantikari Kishan Committee", Police Superintendent Pankaj Kamboj said.
Cherwa was arrested on Wednesday.
The cadres, who used to provide all logistic help to the Maoists squad in the area, were identified as Mangal Surin, Dubi Gudia and Birsa, he said.
Three single shot country-made firearm and one single barrel gun were seized from them, Kamboj said, adding a hand grenade was also recovered from their possession and defused.
Earlier, the security personnel had recovered a powerful landmine planted on a state highway following Cherwa`s arrest.
During an interrogation, Cherwa had told police that a 40-45 kgs landmine was planted on the state highway between Chotanagra-Manoharpur road to target the security personnel.
The security personnel later recovered the landmine and it was defused by a bomb disposal squad from Ranchi.
Kamboj said an anti-naxal operation was still continuing in the naxal-affected Saranda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users