Three Maoist leaders arrested in Jharkhand
Medininagar (Jharkhand): Three Maoist leaders were arrested with arms and ammunition from Shahpur village of Naxal-hit Palamau district, police said on Wednesday.
Acting on an information that some ultras would be assembling in the village, security personnel conducted raid and arrested the three yesterday, Superintendent of Police YS Ramesh said.
The arrested Maoists were identified as Sub-zonal Commander Mahendra Singh Kharswar, Area Commander Lalan Singh Kharwar and Virendra Kumar Ram.
One 303 rifle, which was looted from police in the past, and 77 live cartridges were recovered from their possession, Ramesh said, adding that over two dozen cases were pending against them.
The trio assembled in the village to finalize plan to snap ties with the ultra outfit, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini