Three Maoist leaders arrested in Jharkhand
Medininagar (Jharkhand): Three Maoist leaders were arrested with arms and ammunition from Shahpur village of Naxal-hit Palamau district, police said on Wednesday.
Acting on an information that some ultras would be assembling in the village, security personnel conducted raid and arrested the three yesterday, Superintendent of Police YS Ramesh said.
The arrested Maoists were identified as Sub-zonal Commander Mahendra Singh Kharswar, Area Commander Lalan Singh Kharwar and Virendra Kumar Ram.
One 303 rifle, which was looted from police in the past, and 77 live cartridges were recovered from their possession, Ramesh said, adding that over two dozen cases were pending against them.
The trio assembled in the village to finalize plan to snap ties with the ultra outfit, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka: KSRTC strike affects commuters, Bengaluru worst hit
- 'Happy Bhag Jayegi': 'Aashiq Tera' track highlights the love triangle between Diana Penty, Abhay Deol, Ali Fazal—Watch video
- Lionel Messi's new look: The hair bleach fever has caught the Argentine legend – Pic inside!
- Sensitive issues could damage ties with US military: China
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused' bail plea