Three Maoist leaders arrested in Jharkhand
Medininagar (Jharkhand): Three Maoist leaders were arrested with arms and ammunition from Shahpur village of Naxal-hit Palamau district, police said on Wednesday.
Acting on an information that some ultras would be assembling in the village, security personnel conducted raid and arrested the three yesterday, Superintendent of Police YS Ramesh said.
The arrested Maoists were identified as Sub-zonal Commander Mahendra Singh Kharswar, Area Commander Lalan Singh Kharwar and Virendra Kumar Ram.
One 303 rifle, which was looted from police in the past, and 77 live cartridges were recovered from their possession, Ramesh said, adding that over two dozen cases were pending against them.
The trio assembled in the village to finalize plan to snap ties with the ultra outfit, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal