Three Maoist leaders arrested in Jharkhand
Medininagar (Jharkhand): Three Maoist leaders were arrested with arms and ammunition from Shahpur village of Naxal-hit Palamau district, police said on Wednesday.
Acting on an information that some ultras would be assembling in the village, security personnel conducted raid and arrested the three yesterday, Superintendent of Police YS Ramesh said.
The arrested Maoists were identified as Sub-zonal Commander Mahendra Singh Kharswar, Area Commander Lalan Singh Kharwar and Virendra Kumar Ram.
One 303 rifle, which was looted from police in the past, and 77 live cartridges were recovered from their possession, Ramesh said, adding that over two dozen cases were pending against them.
The trio assembled in the village to finalize plan to snap ties with the ultra outfit, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured