Three militants arrested in Jharkhand
Medininagar: Three militants of a new ultra outfit `Sashastra People`s Morcha` (SPM) were arrested with arms and ammunition from near Baliari Mode in Maoist-hit Palamau district Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, a special police team conducted search operation and arrested three persons from the area late last night, Superintendent of Police, Y S Ramesh said, adding that two others escaped.
Police recovered one country-made gun, one .315 bore rifle, one pistol and two live cartridges, he said, adding, two wooden guns in the shape of one to fire tear gas was also recovered.
The trio had confessed that they were involved in the setting ablaze three JCV machines in Lalmatia village under Panki police station on July 4 last, Ramesh said.
It was their first incident aimed at extracting money from the private firm, which was engaged in implementing social forestry project of the Medininagar Forest Division, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon