Three militants arrested in Jharkhand
Medininagar: Three militants of a new ultra outfit `Sashastra People`s Morcha` (SPM) were arrested with arms and ammunition from near Baliari Mode in Maoist-hit Palamau district Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, a special police team conducted search operation and arrested three persons from the area late last night, Superintendent of Police, Y S Ramesh said, adding that two others escaped.
Police recovered one country-made gun, one .315 bore rifle, one pistol and two live cartridges, he said, adding, two wooden guns in the shape of one to fire tear gas was also recovered.
The trio had confessed that they were involved in the setting ablaze three JCV machines in Lalmatia village under Panki police station on July 4 last, Ramesh said.
It was their first incident aimed at extracting money from the private firm, which was engaged in implementing social forestry project of the Medininagar Forest Division, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media