Three militants arrested in Jharkhand
Medininagar: Three militants of a new ultra outfit `Sashastra People`s Morcha` (SPM) were arrested with arms and ammunition from near Baliari Mode in Maoist-hit Palamau district Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, a special police team conducted search operation and arrested three persons from the area late last night, Superintendent of Police, Y S Ramesh said, adding that two others escaped.
Police recovered one country-made gun, one .315 bore rifle, one pistol and two live cartridges, he said, adding, two wooden guns in the shape of one to fire tear gas was also recovered.
The trio had confessed that they were involved in the setting ablaze three JCV machines in Lalmatia village under Panki police station on July 4 last, Ramesh said.
It was their first incident aimed at extracting money from the private firm, which was engaged in implementing social forestry project of the Medininagar Forest Division, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan
- North Korea leader says missile test `greatest success`