Three militants arrested in Jharkhand
Medininagar: Three militants of a new ultra outfit `Sashastra People`s Morcha` (SPM) were arrested with arms and ammunition from near Baliari Mode in Maoist-hit Palamau district Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, a special police team conducted search operation and arrested three persons from the area late last night, Superintendent of Police, Y S Ramesh said, adding that two others escaped.
Police recovered one country-made gun, one .315 bore rifle, one pistol and two live cartridges, he said, adding, two wooden guns in the shape of one to fire tear gas was also recovered.
The trio had confessed that they were involved in the setting ablaze three JCV machines in Lalmatia village under Panki police station on July 4 last, Ramesh said.
It was their first incident aimed at extracting money from the private firm, which was engaged in implementing social forestry project of the Medininagar Forest Division, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal