Three minor girls raped in Hazaribagh
Hazaribagh: Three minor girls were allegedly kidnapped and raped by three youths at a place under Ichak police station in Hazaribagh district, police said on Saturday.
The incident occurred when the girls, on their way home after appearing for supplementary examination conducted by the Jharkhand Secondary School Examination, were taken to a place by one Subhas Prasad yesterday, Deputy Superintendent of Police Ratneshwar Thakur said.
Subhas, who knew one of the girls, managed to convince them to accompany him and have a look at his newly constructed house, but took them to another place where his two friends, Raj Kumar and Sanjay, were already there, Thakur said.
The three youths, aged between 20 and 23 years, raped the girls and dropped them near the house of one of the victims? grandmother after midnight, he said.
Families of the victims lodged FIR with the Ichak police station, he said.
All the accused were arrested and the girls were sent for medical examination, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview