Three more arrested for attack on JVM(P) MLA in Jharkhand
Medininagar (Jharkhand): Three more persons including a para-teacher were arrested by police in connection with the attack on Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) MLA Satyendra Nath Tewari in Garwah district, police said on Tuesday.
Superintendent of Police Narendra Kumar Singh said three persons involved in the attack on Tewari were arrested from Bhatti Mohala locality under Medininagar Town police station yesterday.
The arrested persons were identified as Manoj Kumar Choudhury, a para-teacher, Devendra Choudhury and Ravindra alias Parvinder Choudhury (all residents of Chainpur block in the district). A pistol and two live cartridges were recovered from their possession.
A motorcycle used in the attack has also been recovered and the vehicle was found to be stolen one, Singh said.
Earlier, one Azam Khan was arrested from the adjoining Garwah district soon after the incident.
Altogether 10 persons - five each from Palamau and Garwah - were involved in the attack, Singh said adding that a special team has been formed to arrest the remaining accused.
Singh denied that the attack was the outcome of political rivalry, but executed by road robbers.
Tewari escaped unhurt when unidentified gunmen opened fire at his car near Anraj Ghati while he was going to Ranka from Garhwa to attend a wedding on Wednesday night last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users